In the Mood for...Mini Mixed Fruits Muffins
It's been a long long while since I last posted a recipe here. I have been a huge muffin fan and here's my take on the good ol' mixed fruit muffins. It is easy to prepare and you can use any sort of dried fruits you have in the pantry cupboard...raisins, sultanas, currants, cherries, cranberries, prune, dates, blueberries, mixed fruit peel...the list goes on and the choice is yours to make.
Mini Mixed Fruits Muffins
Ingredients for Muffin :
200g Plain Flour, sifted
1 level tsp Baking Powder
1/2 level tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
170g Castor Sugar
150ml Full Cream Milk
1 no. Egg, lightly beaten
75g Butter, melted
Zest & Juice from 1 orange
150g Mixed Fruits of your choice
1. Soak dried mixed fruit in orange juice overnight.
2. Preheat oven to 180 Degree Celsius.
3. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the sifted flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda.
3. In another mixing bowl, mix together the milk, egg, melted butter and zest. Stir the liquid mixture into the dry mixture. Add in soaked mixed fruits to batter and mix till just moistened. Do not overmix batter.
4. Spoon batter into muffin cases.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 16 - 18 minutes or till skewer comes out clean when inserted into the centre of the muffin.
6. Remove from baking tray and cool on a rack.
* To serve - Warm muffin in a microwave oven on HIGH for 10 seconds.
** Special Mention - If you want that extra zing in your muffins, replace milk with orange juice. For alcoholics out there, soak the dried mixed fruits in a combination of orange juice and rum/brandy for that extra booze...oops! I mean "boost"...!!